The purpose of this site is to share results of a trading system that I use for identifying both long-term and short-term trading opportunities. I take the time to do this because of my passion for investing and helping others succeed. The system helped me avoid the "Crash of 2007/2008" and every major correction since then. The cornerstone of my trading system are analyses of market liquidity to gauge longer-term market sentiment and equity and index options (put/call ratios) to identify short-term entry and exits.

This site is for information purposes only. Past performance of the trading system is not a guarantee of its future success. Please consider consulting a qualified investment adviser before making investment decisions.



Follow to Get Alerts on New Posts

Tuesday, June 11, 2019

Macro continues to head lower -- treading carefully before shorting

Last Friday, my macro indicator fell significantly to -42.  As I mentioned in my last post, I would consider shorting the market to further reduce my equity exposure if (1) my indicator continued to decline, and (2) the S&P formed a negative weekly RSI divergence.  Please note that because of the precarious nature of markets (in general), I don't plan to be "net short" -- in my opinion, that would be too risky.  Furthermore, I don't foresee placing one large short position; rather, I would build a short position incrementally as the RSI divergence forms -- preferably, while the market rises. 

My tentative plan is to reduce my equity exposure by about 50% with "shorts."  At this point, I would consider placing only a relatively small short trade (approximately 25% of my total planned short position).  Going forward, I will post what the S&P needs to do to trigger the all important negative divergence.  For this week, the S&P would need to close below 2873.34 on Friday.   Stay tuned......