The purpose of this site is to share results of a trading system that I use for identifying both long-term and short-term trading opportunities. I take the time to do this because of my passion for investing and helping others succeed. The system helped me avoid the "Crash of 2007/2008" and every major correction since then. The cornerstone of my trading system are analyses of market liquidity to gauge longer-term market sentiment and equity and index options (put/call ratios) to identify short-term entry and exits.

This site is for information purposes only. Past performance of the trading system is not a guarantee of its future success. Please consider consulting a qualified investment adviser before making investment decisions.



Follow to Get Alerts on New Posts

Tuesday, June 25, 2019

Longer term monthly chart confirms negative weekly chart

In my last post, I indicated that I observed a descending RSI on the weekly charts that spans the last 18 months.  I looked at a similar monthly chart over the same period and observed the same descending RSI (see below).  I believe that when a longer term chart mirrors or confirms a shorter time frame (weekly), the signals are more significant.  As shown in the monthly chart below, June will close out with a lower RSI after having made a new high during the month.  In my opinion, this is significant.  Although we have a few more days left in the month, it is highly unlikely (improbable) that the RSI will break the descent.  For this reason, I plan to add to my short position tomorrow on any apparent weakness.  I will add to my position in SH so that its total value is 30% of the value of my long position -- this addition represents another 25% over the 5% position that I established last week. 

After I add to my short position, it's likely that I will not do anything further to protect my long portfolio.  After I make the aforementioned trade, my portfolio will be comprised of the following:  40% dividend stocks, 48% cash, 12% short.  As I mentioned in a prior post, I believe that being net short would be too aggressive.  Time to sit back and see what happens.....