The purpose of this site is to share results of a trading system that I use for identifying both long-term and short-term trading opportunities. I take the time to do this because of my passion for investing and helping others succeed. The system helped me avoid the "Crash of 2007/2008" and every major correction since then. The cornerstone of my trading system are analyses of market liquidity to gauge longer-term market sentiment and equity and index options (put/call ratios) to identify short-term entry and exits.

This site is for information purposes only. Past performance of the trading system is not a guarantee of its future success. Please consider consulting a qualified investment adviser before making investment decisions.



Follow to Get Alerts on New Posts

Friday, May 31, 2019

How did I do? And, what now?

Now that I've reduced my equity exposure - specifically from approximately 90% to 45% - I wanted to reflect on what just happened and make some bold predictions about what could happen.

I'm pleased that my prediction from a year ago (specifically on 5/26/2018) that the market might peak in May of 2019 looks like it might turn out to be correct -- only time will tell if this month's high proves to be a medium or long-term top.  I'm also pleased that my indicator kept me in the market since August of 2016 when I wrote in my blog that I was "all in."  It was at that time that I increased my equity exposure from 50% to about 90%.  The S&P gained 27% from that time until today.  Currently, my 45% equity exposure is comprised of about 30 high dividend-growth stocks.

I wouldn't be surprised if the market attempts to rally at this point -- specifically, it might try to bounce off the 200 day moving average; it might try to fill the "gap down" at 2850; and it might try to test the 50 day moving average at 2870.  The market never moves in a straight line and it wouldn't disappoint me if this happens.  In fact, if it does AND IF my macro indicator continues to go down AND IF a RSI negative divergence forms, I might reduce my equity exposure further by shorting the market.  More on this possibility in upcoming blog posts.

As far as my next bold prediction, I believe that a negative bias might be in force for as much as 1 year (for as long as my indicator continues to go down).  As I mentioned in my prior post, identifying market bottoms are usually harder than tops.  I think patience will be rewarded and I'm looking forward to buying attractive tech stocks for the "alpha" component of my portfolio and re-buying dividend stocks at depressed levels to increase my portfolio's yield on cost.

Stay tuned.....