The purpose of this site is to share results of a trading system that I use for identifying both long-term and short-term trading opportunities. I take the time to do this because of my passion for investing and helping others succeed. The system helped me avoid the "Crash of 2007/2008" and every major correction since then. The cornerstone of my trading system are analyses of market liquidity to gauge longer-term market sentiment and equity and index options (put/call ratios) to identify short-term entry and exits.

This site is for information purposes only. Past performance of the trading system is not a guarantee of its future success. Please consider consulting a qualified investment adviser before making investment decisions.



Follow to Get Alerts on New Posts

Wednesday, May 29, 2019

Higher volatility may call for early action

Because of the heightened volatility, it's possible that my confirming indicator will trigger before I have an opportunity to update my macro indicator on Friday (at 12:30 Pacific Time).  I believe that my macro indicator will decrease further and there's a high likelihood that it will fall to -20 or lower.  Therefore, I'm prepared to do the following BEFORE I get a macro indicator update:

If the S&P 500 breaks 2759.18 to the downside, I will sell "Alpha" -- specifically, my 20% exposure to the S&P 500 index and all high-beta (tech stocks). 

If my macro indicator does fall to -20 or below on Friday, I will execute the second part of my strategy and sell PROFITS (only) of any dividend stock which show paper profits of greater than 10%.  Based on my portfolio analysis last week, this sell strategy will leave me with an equity exposure in dividend stocks of approximately 50%. 

Stay tuned.......