The purpose of this site is to share results of a trading system that I use for identifying both long-term and short-term trading opportunities. I take the time to do this because of my passion for investing and helping others succeed. The system helped me avoid the "Crash of 2007/2008" and every major correction since then. The cornerstone of my trading system are analyses of market liquidity to gauge longer-term market sentiment and equity and index options (put/call ratios) to identify short-term entry and exits.

This site is for information purposes only. Past performance of the trading system is not a guarantee of its future success. Please consider consulting a qualified investment adviser before making investment decisions.



Follow to Get Alerts on New Posts

Friday, May 24, 2019

Almost there -- Update on levels to watch

My macro indicator declined to -15; at this rate, it's possible that it will give a "sell" signal next week.  However, as I mentioned in my post last week, one of two confirming indicators will need to "fire" as well.  The levels to watch are as follows:

For a RSI divergence, the S&P 500 would need to meet or exceed 2868.88 next week and close below 2826.05.  Alternatively, for a trailing ATR3 stop confirmation, the S&P would need to break 2759.18 to the downside.

Given the attention on a trade deal with China, I wouldn't be surprised if the market meanders into June and possibly rise on hopes of a positive outcome.  However, I don't believe that it will change the "complexion" of the market.

If my macro indicator goes below -20, I will execute my sell strategy as detailed in a prior post and I'll be looking to see when the indicator reverses to the upside.  Although market troughs or bottoms are challenging to predict, my macro indicator is showing that a possible bear market in stocks could extend well into next year. Stay tuned.