The purpose of this site is to share results of a trading system that I use for identifying both long-term and short-term trading opportunities. I take the time to do this because of my passion for investing and helping others succeed. The system helped me avoid the "Crash of 2007/2008" and every major correction since then. The cornerstone of my trading system are analyses of market liquidity to gauge longer-term market sentiment and equity and index options (put/call ratios) to identify short-term entry and exits.

This site is for information purposes only. Past performance of the trading system is not a guarantee of its future success. Please consider consulting a qualified investment adviser before making investment decisions.



Follow to Get Alerts on New Posts

Friday, October 10, 2014

2015 Top??

As I've been saying for quite some time, I see a generally positive bias for the market well into 2015. Sure, we may be experiencing a correction now, but my macro indicator is still bullish. The question, however, is how long this positive bias will last. Well, I may have an answer. My macro indicator has finally shown some signs that we may see a market top near August of 2015. The indicator will have to continue to weaken for me to make a more definitive call. It may take a few more weeks or months for me to make that call, however. If in fact I make this call, the next question will be whether the top will be a start of a prolonged bear market. The way I will gauge this is as follows: As August 2015 approaches, my macro indicator will provide a 12 month look-ahead into market liquidity. If the indicator points to a weak period lasting more that about 6-9 months (beyond August 2015), I will be recommending whether to reduce equity exposure significantly, including shorting the market for hedging or profit-making opportunities. Data for my macro indicator is based on weekly figures so I will be publishing updates accordingly.