The purpose of this site is to share results of a trading system that I use for identifying both long-term and short-term trading opportunities. I take the time to do this because of my passion for investing and helping others succeed. The system helped me avoid the "Crash of 2007/2008" and every major correction since then. The cornerstone of my trading system are analyses of market liquidity to gauge longer-term market sentiment and equity and index options (put/call ratios) to identify short-term entry and exits.

This site is for information purposes only. Past performance of the trading system is not a guarantee of its future success. Please consider consulting a qualified investment adviser before making investment decisions.



Follow to Get Alerts on New Posts

Tuesday, September 15, 2015

Tuesday update -- The FOMC guessing game

The market is exhibiting strength ahead of the FOMC meeting and on an intra-day basis, it's penetrated the trailing ATR3 stop at 1970.  However, on a pure technical basis, there's clear resistance in the 1990 region.  Given that I went to 50% cash at 2058, I'm willing to be a bit more patient to see how the market reacts when it revisits 1990.

With respect to my macro indicator, I still see no reason to believe that we are entering a bear market. Therefore, my approach to the market is still to to buy on any significant pullbacks or on a clear breakout above 1990 with confirmation by other short-term technical indicators.  My ideal entry-point would be a retest of 1867, but given a positive macro condition, it may not be wise to be too selective.