The purpose of this site is to share results of a trading system that I use for identifying both long-term and short-term trading opportunities. I take the time to do this because of my passion for investing and helping others succeed. The system helped me avoid the "Crash of 2007/2008" and every major correction since then. The cornerstone of my trading system are analyses of market liquidity to gauge longer-term market sentiment and equity and index options (put/call ratios) to identify short-term entry and exits.

This site is for information purposes only. Past performance of the trading system is not a guarantee of its future success. Please consider consulting a qualified investment adviser before making investment decisions.



Follow to Get Alerts on New Posts

Monday, January 6, 2014

Time for some action

As I indicated last year, the market will likely show signs of weakness during the February to May time-frame.  With this in mind, I began looking for a weekly RSI divergence on the S&P.  Well last week, this negative divergence "carved" itself onto the charts.  If it were closer to February, my inclination would be to sell 100% of my core equity position as my strategy would dictate.  However, I couldn't totally ignore the fact that February is just around the corner and a negative divergence is in place.  Thus, I assessed my short-term options model and learned that a sell signal would likely "fire" today.  With these factors in mind, I decided to sell 50% of my equity holdings and take a nice profit from last year's run up.

As we get closer to February, I'll be looking for confirmation of a top and if necessary, identify other selling opportunities.  Please note that because I do not foresee a protracted decline, I will not be going short anytime soon.  I'll be updating the sidebar for the blog to reflect my 2014 predictions.