The purpose of this site is to share results of a trading system that I use for identifying both long-term and short-term trading opportunities. I take the time to do this because of my passion for investing and helping others succeed. The system helped me avoid the "Crash of 2007/2008" and every major correction since then. The cornerstone of my trading system are analyses of market liquidity to gauge longer-term market sentiment and equity and index options (put/call ratios) to identify short-term entry and exits.

This site is for information purposes only. Past performance of the trading system is not a guarantee of its future success. Please consider consulting a qualified investment adviser before making investment decisions.



Follow to Get Alerts on New Posts

Friday, August 21, 2015

Focus on buying opportunities ahead

As planned, I reduced my equity exposure to 50% on an intra-day break of S&P 2058 on August 12.  This has helped me weather the storm over the last week.  Currently, my long-term portfolio consists of 50% cash, 40% dividend growth stocks, 5% Apple, and 5% SPY (S&P 500).

Despite the turmoil in the market, the liquidity contraction exhibited by the macro indicator that I follow isn't that pronounced (in my opinion).  Historically, there's a pretty good correlation between levels of contraction and the extent of market corrections.  Based on this correlation, I don't see a correction of more than 10-12% which is pretty customary and not a sign of a bear market.  I'm not expecting any protracted moves lower than S&P 1875.

For re-entry into this market, I will be looking for a reversal that penetrates the trailing ATR3 stop and/or a bullish RSI divergence.  I'll be posting specific levels in upcoming posts.

Although, the short-term is on most people's mind, I'm looking for the possibility of a more ominous correction sometime in the fall of 2016.  It's still way too early to draw conclusions, however.