Follow signals from the Prophet4Traders system to identify turning points in the U.S. stock market
The purpose of this site is to share results of a trading system that I use for identifying both long-term and short-term trading opportunities. I take the time to do this because of my passion for investing and helping others succeed. The system helped me avoid the "Crash of 2007/2008" and every major correction since then. The cornerstone of my trading system are analyses of market liquidity to gauge longer-term market sentiment and equity and index options (put/call ratios) to identify short-term entry and exits.
This site is for information purposes only. Past performance of the trading system is not a guarantee of its future success. Please consider consulting a qualified investment adviser before making investment decisions.
Follow to Get Alerts on New Posts
Friday, May 10, 2019
Thursday, May 9, 2019
Anxiously awaiting market data
With the events of this week, I'm anxiously awaiting market data to update my macro indicator -- the data is published every Friday at 12:30. Given the possibility that I will get a sell signal on Friday, I wanted to share what I plan to do. Consistent with my overall strategy, upon a sell signal, I will:
1. Sell my holdings in market-beta (S&P 500 index) and all high-beta (e.g., high tech stocks) - this
comprises about 20% of my portfolio
2. Sell profits in all dividend stocks which have appreciated 10% or more - dividend stocks comprise
about 80% of my portfolio
Note that a sell signal will encompass two elements: A macro indicator reading of -20 or less and one other long term technical signal (e.g., negative weekly RSI divergence).
Given that fact that your investment strategy differ might differ from mine, you should contemplate ways to reduce risk and at minimum, rebalance your portfolio. Some of you that subscribe to my email updates will get this post Friday morning. If I get a sell signal, I will try to publish a short post shortly after 12:30 on Friday -- note that Google distributes email updates one day later. My capabilities to publish an update will be hampered by the fact that I will be traveling tomorrow.
1. Sell my holdings in market-beta (S&P 500 index) and all high-beta (e.g., high tech stocks) - this
comprises about 20% of my portfolio
2. Sell profits in all dividend stocks which have appreciated 10% or more - dividend stocks comprise
about 80% of my portfolio
Note that a sell signal will encompass two elements: A macro indicator reading of -20 or less and one other long term technical signal (e.g., negative weekly RSI divergence).
Given that fact that your investment strategy differ might differ from mine, you should contemplate ways to reduce risk and at minimum, rebalance your portfolio. Some of you that subscribe to my email updates will get this post Friday morning. If I get a sell signal, I will try to publish a short post shortly after 12:30 on Friday -- note that Google distributes email updates one day later. My capabilities to publish an update will be hampered by the fact that I will be traveling tomorrow.
Friday, May 3, 2019
Market might be nearing medium / long-term peak
My macro indicator dipped this week to a reading of 5. It was 24 last week. This continued deterioration is concerning. As mentioned many times before, a reading of -20 will likely cause me to take action to reduce my equity exposure. If necessary, I will post an update next Friday.
Friday, April 26, 2019
Paying more attention
My macro indicator is continuing to decrease and is now at 24. As you might recall, I consider a dip below -20 significant (see red line below). Given the continued possibility that the indicator could reach this level, I'm extending the window for a possible top. In my past posts, I sited a possible top in early May. Because the indicator has taken so long on its path downward (and because it's almost May), I'm now looking at a window extending to the secondary top on or about July 10 as shown below. Each of the subsequent minor tops in September and November provides possible timeframes for a peak in the S&P 500 if my indicator dips to -20. Stay tuned......
Tuesday, April 2, 2019
Broken Record: Continued deterioration but the pace hasn't accelerated
The "value" of the macro indicator now stands at 54 -- As I mentioned in prior posts, I would become worried once it falls to -20 or less. So for now, I'm staying the course. It's times like this that I value the benefit of macro indicators because with the ebb and flow of news headlines about an impending recession, it's easy to become an "emotional investor."
With that said, I'm still assessing the possibility of an early-May top. If the indicator falls below -20 before then, the signal from my indicator will be relatively clear. However, if it (the indicator) falls sometime afterwards (without first making a new or intermediate high), it will become more challenging to "find" the top in the S&P. I'll worry about this when the time comes.
With that said, I'm still assessing the possibility of an early-May top. If the indicator falls below -20 before then, the signal from my indicator will be relatively clear. However, if it (the indicator) falls sometime afterwards (without first making a new or intermediate high), it will become more challenging to "find" the top in the S&P. I'll worry about this when the time comes.
Subscribe to:
Posts (Atom)